Listed by Chris Jackson
Explore practices of breath rehabilitation, alongside somatic meditation and deepening pranayama practice.
This 10 hour deep dive can be taken as standalone CPD, or as contribution towards the 100hr Yoga Therapeutics advanced training.
Over two days of immersive practice and theory we will explore;
* the anatomy and physiology of breath;
* interaction of breathing and spinal mechanics;
* the subtle breath; vayu & nadi;
* the 5 layers of self;
* practices for rehabilitating the breath;
* practices for deepening pranayama;
* breath led and somatic meditations;
* mudra practice for restoration and integration of the energy body.
“ The importance of breathing need hardly be stressed. It provides the oxygen for the metabolic processes; literally it supports the fires of life. But breath as “pneuma” is also the spirit or soul. We live in an ocean of air like fish in a body of water. By our breathing we are attuned to our atmosphere. If we inhibit our breathing we isolate ourselves from the medium in which we exist. In all Oriental and mystic philosophies, the breath holds the secret to the highest bliss. That is why breathing is the dominant factor in the practice of Yoga.”
— Alexander Lowen, “The Voice of the Body