Square One is a priva Read more [...]
Listed by foyhtadmin
Five Week Course
£60 for baby and mother – usually held on a week–day morning at 10:30 a.m., lasting 1 hour 30 minutes, and held in South Warnborough. Ideally started when baby is approximately 6–plus weeks old.
Relaxed, down–to–earth sessions, involving no more than six mothers with babies. Classes are baby led. If, at any time, your baby is not happy to be massaged by you, you can just listen and watch. I give out oil and weekly handouts.
You need to bring along cushions [for sitting on], baby changing things and a thick towel to lie baby on and wear comfortable clothes.
There’s a short period at the end of each class for chatting and I provide refreshments. Also, I take this opportunity to discuss the normal baby–care issues that new mothers are concerned with.
Typically the five sessions cover :
- A brief introduction to baby massage and the role of IAIM.
- General relaxation techniques.
- Outline the preferred oils.
- Each week we review the previous strokes learned.
- The massage techniques start with a simple leg massage and progress weekly, in easy stages, to the full body massage.
Oil and weekly handouts are provided. At the end of each session, I outline the techniques for you to practice before the next session.
I am a Certified Infant Massage Instructor [CIMI] with the International Association of Infant Massage: UK Chapter [IAIM] – member’s no. 6391–JD.