Have you been looking Read more [...]
Listed by foyhtadmin
Because Life is Better with A Dog…
Dogs can make all the difference that’s why Service Dogs UK trains and provides PTSD Assistance Dogs, selected carefully from mainly rescue, to support members of the Armed Forces and Emergency Services (including Coast Guard & RNLI & UKSAR) who have Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
PTSD Assistance Dog is making all the difference.
- “more confidence in meeting new people”
- “more confident compared to when I started”
- “my relationships have improved”
- “it’s allowed me to live again”
- “Getting out a little more having a purpose speaking and talking with new people and every now and then mingling with the public”
- “I wouldn’t be here without my dog“
Improvements that veterans experiences in other areas
- Better sleep
- Improvements with zoning out, nightmares, flashbacks, panic or anxiety attacks
- Ability to make small talk, to relax, to self motivate and pushing yourself to do things and to face the world
- Confidence with others
- Feeling calmer
- Feeling less down, depressed or hopeless and agitated/irritable
- Feeling a sense of pride and purpose
- Improved self-confidence
- Improved frustration/anger management
- Recognising self achievement
For those with an understanding of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder these are very big changes in people’s lives such the ability to take the kids to the park or being far less isolated and actually getting out of the house, taking up regular twice a day dog walk and beeing able to concentrate on daily tasks better.
PTSD Assistance Dogs are trained to help with…
- Zoning out
- Anxiety and Panic Attacks
Plus many other tasks which are individually tailored to the veteran and their unique needs. Trained PTSD Assistance Dogs provide 24/7 support to their partners.
Service Dogs UK is open for Application from Veterans/Members of the Armed Forces and Emergency Services, with a clinical PTSD diagnosis in West Sussex, Surrey and East & North Hampshire.
Service Dogs UK trains and provides assistance dogs to support members of the Armed Forces and Emergency Services (and Coast Guard & RNLI) who have PTSD. We mainly use dogs from rescue to achieve unique partnerships that will greatly enhance the lives of both.
Service Dogs UK use Adult rescue dogs in need of a home, a loving friend and a secure future.